1. ContractYour contract is with Home Sud, these booking conditions confirm the terms of contract which automatically come into force on payment of the deposit to Home Sud or its agent. Please read them carefully before making a booking.
2. Reservation, Confirmation and PaymentYou have made your reservation and received an instant confirmation with dates, price and description of the reserved property. Any modifications are confirmed in this document, which forms the basis of our contract with you and should therefore be checked carefully. To accept the booking, a deposit of 25% of the total amount has to be paid to Home Sud within 7 days and the balance must be paid at least 4 weeks before departure date. Payments can be made by personal check, VISA or MasterCard or cash. If you have elected to pay by credit card, the deposit will be debited to your card immediately on arrival. For last minute reservations made 29 days or less before the planned arrival date, payment in full is due immediately. In this case the contract conditions come into force once the final payment has been received. Only one invoice is sent and we recommend that you put a reminder of the due date for final payment in your calendar. If the balance is not paid on time, we will try to contact you but reserve the right to cancel your reservation, retain the deposit and apply cancellation charges as indicated below. A vacation voucher including the rental address, the key-holder's name, phone number, address and local directions will be sent to you after receipt of the final balance. This voucher should be handed to the local key-holder or the property manager on arrival. If you are departing your country well in advance of your check-in date, please request your voucher(s) to be sent early. Any extra requests can only be guaranteed if confirmed in writing by Home Sud.
3. Prices and Periods
The published prices for holiday accommodation are per week. Not all listed accommodations are affected by special offers. The number of people authorized per accommodation is understood as the maximum capacity: adults, children and babies included. Regarding rentals with swimming pool (private or collective), access to the swimming pool is strictly prohibited for children under 6 years old unaccompanied by an adult. The minimum rental period is 7 nights, with arrival and departure on Saturday. However, exceptions are possible outside of high seasons and must be the subject of a special request to our services. When your stay straddles two different price periods, it is the day of arrival which is considered as the first day of vacation and the counting is done in proportion to the nights over each price period. Energy costs are generally included in the prices, unless otherwise stated in the description and with the exception of heating. Compulsory final cleaning, if it is not included in the weekly price, it is clearly mentioned in the price lists. The same goes for bed linen and towels. For each reservation, Home Sud will charge a fixed amount of 25 € for administration fees.
For any reservation on the site www.homesud.fr only the administrative fees are immediately deducted from the credit card pending verification of the availability of accommodation. In the absence of availability, these costs are immediately reimbursed.
To be paid locally :
• Tourist tax (amount per person and per day, variable depending on the location). Any particular service that you have requested.
• Certain supplements (cleaning, linen, energy costs, etc.) indicated on the confirmation invoice. The photos of the residences shown are general views. The data relating to local infrastructures (means of transport, shops, restaurants, sports facilities, tourist visits, etc.) mentioned on the site and included in the booking confirmation are provided to us by the owners. Changes can occur without our being informed; the responsibility of Home Sud cannot therefore be called into question. The same applies to all services which are subject to external constraints (supply of water, gas and electricity for example), to regulations that may be modified at any time by decision of the administrations concerned.
4. Your Holiday AccommodationThe rental accommodation is usually privately owned and we act as agents on behalf of the proprietor. We always send the description with your confirmation. We would draw your attention to the following points to help you understand what to expect in your vacation home: Our vacation homes are furnished by the owners to their individual wishes, taste and local standard. Some are luxurious, many very comfortable, others more moderate and some rather basic. We have graded the properties from 1 to 5 stars with 1 being the most simple and 5 the most luxurious: these quality ratings are based on a detailed check-list applied during a personal inspection by our staff members. Items such as dishes, cutlery and bedding are always provided, but coffee makers, teapots or toasters cannot automatically be expected. Since many homes in Europe do not have ovens, we always mention it in the description when there is one available. If "oven" is not mentioned, then there will only be a hob or hot plates. All homes are equipped with a refrigerator (usually not as large as Americans may expect). Double beds are always provided where the description states "1 room with double bed"; "1 double bedroom" means 2 twin beds side by side or twin mattresses on a double base. Where "divan lit" is mentioned, it means a sleeper sofa or similar seating convertible to sleep in the evening. Please bear in mind that these additional sleeping possibilities are often not as comfortable as regular beds.If a home offers extra amenities like TV, phone, air-conditioning, dishwasher etc., these will be mentioned in the description. If they are not mentioned, the property does not include them. Regrettably, we cannot always answer specific questions about all furnishing details, availability of appliances or exact size of rooms if not mentioned in the property description; neither can we usually provide detailed floor plans.
5. Changes in Conditions or PricesWe have taken great care to ensure the details in our descriptions are correct. If we should discover any changes or errors, you will be advised without delay and normally at the time of invoice before you accept the accommodation. If we discover any changes after you have confirmed the booking, we will of course advise you immediately and offer you the option to accept the change or an alternative vacation home of equal value (if available) or a full refund of all money paid without further compensation (see point 8). While we reserve the right to increase or decrease the prices at any time before you book, once your booking is confirmed the price of your reservation is fully guaranteed and will not be subject to any surcharges. In return for this commitment, no refunds will be made for any exchange rate movements or cost adjustments that would otherwise reduce the rental cost. We cannot be held responsible for price discrepancies due to typographical errors. We reserve the right to impose any taxes or other charges, which may be implemented by the Government or other regulatory body, which were unknown at time of publishing this price list.
6. Arrival and Departure, Curtailing or extending your stay
Arrival is by appointment between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., departures before 10 a.m., on the days indicated on your voucher. Someone from Home Sud is personally responsible for welcoming you on site. If an arrival cannot be made at the agreed time and day, it will be automatically postponed to the next working day without the lessee being able to obtain any reimbursement.
Accidental arrivals between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m., if they can be made, will be charges of 70€.
Accidental arrivals between 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m., if they can be made, will be charged of 140€.
The receptions agreed on Sundays and Bank Holidays, will be subject to an additional double billing (140 € / 280 €).
Outings on Sundays and public holidays will be subject to the same billing.
If you cannot respect these times or the expected date of arrival, you must make an arrangement with the person in charge of the reception whose contact details appear on the entry voucher. If you cannot take possession of your rental on the days and at the scheduled times, the full price of the stay remains due. The same goes for any shortened stay. If you wish to extend your stay, you must make the request in sufficient time to our offices for this possibility to be verified. Apart from the cases of termination provided for in article 7, the total amount invoiced remains due if you do not take possession of the rental at all, for any reason whatsoever. Unauthorized departures after 10 am will be subject to additional invoicing ranging from the cleaning rate to the daily rate.
7. Changes or Cancellations by youIf you wish to change any accommodation arrangement we will endeavour to do so. If, however, you request a change of accommodation 45 days or less before arrival date this will be treated as a cancellation and the following cancellation charges will be due. Should you have to cancel your accommodation, you will incur the following cancellation charges:- Cancellations made 45 days or more before arrival: 25% of rental cost.- Cancellations made 44 days to 30 days before arrival: 50% of rental cost.- Cancellations made 29 days to 7 days before arrival: 80% of rental cost.- Cancellations made less then 7 days before arrival: 100% of rental cost.The 25 € booking fee are non-refundable. All cancellations must be communicated as soon as possible by phone and must be confirmed in writing (email, fax, letter).The date of the writing will be taken into account for the refund. We recommend you take vacation insurance to cover against unavoidable cancellation.
8. Changes or Cancellation by Home SudIt is unlikely that we will have to make changes to your reservation. If we are forced to do so, we will advise you at the earliest possible date and will offer you the option of accepting the change or an alternative accommodation of the same value (if available) or a full refund of all monies paid without further compensation. Unless the change is due to war, riot, industrial dispute, natural disaster, fire or any other reason outside our control amounting to an act of God.
9. Your Liability
When the keys are handed over, upon arrival, the tenant is required to pay the security deposit provided for in the contract. The amount varies according to the size and value of the property. Excluding damage, the security deposit is returned by bank transfer within 7 days after departure. Depending on the terms of handing over the keys, the deposit can be requested by cashier's check if it has not been paid by credit card or bank transfer prior to entry. In case of refusal of payment, entry to the rental will be refused. The person in charge of the keys is authorized to refuse any handing over of keys for any excess person, adult or child whatever their age, as well as any animal not foreseen on the reservation. The tenant agrees to occupy the premises by taking care and respecting the rules of good neighborliness. The tenant must ensure, before his departure, the removal of garbage cans, glass bottles, the storage of the kitchen and the cleaning of the dishes, things which are not included in the end-of-stay cleaning. Failure to comply with these conditions will be subject to a minimum additional invoicing of 70€.Tenants will be required to take out liability insurance covering their resort. The tenant will be considered responsible for the damage and damage observed, unless he can prove that this damage and damage is not his fault or the fault of the persons accompanying him. The same applies in the event of substitution of a third person in the rental by the tenant. The amount of damage and damage observed may be withheld from the security deposit, without prejudice to any recourse if the security deposit is for an amount lower than the amount of the repairs. The tenant who will move the agency without a valid reason (unnecessary repair, fictitious breakdown) will be charged an intervention package of 70€.
Any movement of the police due to the inappropriate behavior of the tenant (noise, excessive music, anarchic parking, etc.) causing the direct or indirect intervention of HOME SUD will systematically be subject to an additional invoicing of 750 €.
For safety reasons, please use only the mobile barbecue on the terrace, without moving it, and ensure that the fire is extinguished after use.
10. ComplaintsIf you should have a problem during your vacation, you must inform the local key-holder or office immediately who will endeavour to put things right. In serious cases you should call Home Sud office and confirm your complaint in writing within 7 days of vacating the accommodation. It is therefore a condition of this contract that you communicate any problem to the local key-holder. If you fail to follow this simple and reasonable procedure, we cannot accept responsibility as we have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify the problem.
11. Our LiabilityIf the holiday rental is not in compliance with the signed contract and prevents the course of the holiday, HOME SUD will try to provide you with an equivalent holiday rental. In the unlikely event where a similar rental holiday property could not be found, due to the lack of immediate availability or if you refused the proposed replacement for valid and justifiable reasons, HOME SUD will refund all or part of the holiday rent, depending on circumstances, and only if they are considered as liable.HOME SUD is not responsible for the non-execution or for the imperfect execution of the contract:- Due to an international event or a specific and unpredictable national situation.- When customers renting the holiday rental are managed on arrival by the property owner rather than by HOME SUD agents.HOME SUD will not be responsible in the following cases:- Wrongdoing or serious breaches of the holiday rental agreement by the tenant.- Wrongdoing or serious breaches of the holiday rental agreement by the property owner in charge of managing the holiday rental- Unpredictable and insuperable situations due to a third party's involvement, not part of the services provided as per the rental agreement.- In case of "force major" or because of an event that neither HOME SUD, or their intermediaries or representatives (person in charge of property rental keys for example) could prevent despite their diligence and against which they cannot act.- Damage and losses suffered by the tenant in case of burglary or theft. It is up to you to ensure that you are protected by your personal insurance.HOME SUD will not be responsible for any interruption in services (such as gas, electricity, water, television/satellite, Internet) over which we have no direct control.